Orange & Lemon Muffins
When life gives you lemon, don’t make lemonade. Simply because, there is another better recipe awaits you… .
All Purpose Flour 2 ¼ cups
Sugar ¾ cup
Baking Powder 1 ½ teaspoon
Baking Soda ½ teaspoon
Salt ½ teaspoon
Egg 2nos – slight beaten
Greek yoghurt 1 cup
Milk ½ cup
Macadamia nuts 30 pieces – crush it
Cooking oil 2 tablespoons
Finely shredded orange peel 1 tablespoon
Finely shredded lemon peel ½ tablespoon
Fresh orange juice 2 tablespoons
Fresh lemon juice 2 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 180c and grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, macadamia nuts and salt together until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
- Put the rest of the wet ingredients into another bowl and mix well.
- Make a well in the center of dry mixture and fold in the wet mixture. Combine well but ensure it is not over mixed.
- Divide the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until light brown.
- Serve hot or you can store it in an airtight container for up to 3 days.