No words can express how much I love this bundt pan. Now I just can’t wait for the Christmas dinner. Till then… have a holly jolly Christmas.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Zest of 2 large lemons (about 2 Tbsp of zest)
1 1/4 cups milk
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- Preheat the oven. Grease the bundt pan then lightly flour pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thickened and lemon-colored. Gradually add in sugar, beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and lemon zest.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed until smooth, scraping bowl as needed.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is melted (don’t let boil). With the mixer running, gradually add in the milk mixture; beat until combined.
- Pour the batter into bundt pan. Bake at 160° for 28 to 35 minutes- until top springs back when pressed and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, place on a wire rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes or until the cake starts to pull away from side of pan. With a knife gently release the cake from the sides of the pan and turn cake out onto cake platter. Let cake cool a bit before sprinkle the icing sugar. Ready to serve.